Discuss Wet room plans for checking please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

honeymonster

Hi all,
Just wanting to run a wet room plan past you all and seek some unbiased advice :smilewinkgrin:.
I've been reading up and quizzing people for ages, but often seem to get conflicting advice going for membranes rather than resin systems etc...

In short I already have got all the sanitary ware, a former, and a Lipogum kit from the bathstore.

I am putting up the studwork and battens in the room which has been taken back to brick and also will be having the old doorway closed off etc.

My plan was then to put up aqua pannel and waterproof the 2 walls that meet where the shower will be using the lipogum & Dunlop tanking compound which a reliable industry source tells me is made by BAL....?

On the floor I was going to put the former down as directed with supports underneath and then use WBP ply to bring the floor up to the same height as the former. Seal all this with the lastogum and then put down the electric UFH and tile with a suitable adhesive and grout.

How does all this sound to poeple?

Any advice greatly appreciated. There are so many opinions out there and I just want to make sure I do this right, and a belt and braces job.

Some say not to use ply but the aqua pannel on the floor?
Do I seal and then put down the UFH, should I seal more of the room, or is this a waste?

Cheers in anticipation,
Gary

Reply to Wet room plans for checking please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wet room plans for checking please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.