Discuss wet saw in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Houston

TF
Arms
You've got a beauty there.
I have always said that the Karl dahm and the bam are the best for long term but heavy to move about, which is why I went for the battipav prime . Really simple saw but quality and should last longer than most of the Ali saws.
you won't regret the dahm saw.if you get large format, skirting,tread, riser work it will pay girl itself in no time
I looked at your battipav machine was very impressed, never heard of them before your post. Always wanted karl Dahm wet saw mainly for the larger format etc..

J

jonnyc

what model and cutting length.
is it the d2.,
whatever you paid for it , it is money well spent and will last a very long time.
even my norton cs100 clipper that was also well made lasted 15 years.
i have been so close to buying this last few times i have renewed saws but the weight put me off .
I lost my best friend who worked for me because of the the norton .
he did his back in and had to give up this type of work but that said he was loading in to a small ford at wrong angles and it could have been avoided.
since then i moved towards the alu cutters but they really dont last long so the battipav prime was a halfway measure of both.
I dont know what percentage of your workload is large format stone which is what your cutter is built for but it will eat anything with ease

Houston

TF
Arms
what model and cutting length.
is it the d2.,
whatever you paid for it , it is money well spent and will last a very long time.
even my norton cs100 clipper that was also well made lasted 15 years.
i have been so close to buying this last few times i have renewed saws but the weight put me off .
I lost my best friend who worked for me because of the the norton .
he did his back in and had to give up this type of work but that said he was loading in to a small ford at wrong angles and it could have been avoided.
since then i moved towards the alu cutters but they really dont last long so the battipav prime was a halfway measure of both.
I dont know what percentage of your workload is large format stone which is what your cutter is built for but it will eat anything with ease

yes jonnyc its the D2 wet saw 1300. Nearly went for the 1500 also the Super cut range is another level/price

Houston

TF
Arms
The missing piece,has finally arrived image.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to wet saw in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views
Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone. I've decided to come off the tools for the foreseeable future and take some...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB