Discuss Wetroom floor former tray – which one to choose? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

igro49

Hello,

A question to experts. Which model of wetfloor former tray shall I choose if I want to avoid underboarding between the joists? (Sorry if this has been covered before.)

I plan to build a wetroom on the 1st floor. The tray will be resting on timber joists, 400mm apart, with noggins if necessary. I have checked the joists, and they are surprisingly level. I am going to cover the tray with ceramic tiles. I want to get a strong enough tray, for which underboarding is not needed.

First, I was thinking of Impey’s Aquadec. However, I discovered on their website that installation without underboarding is recommended for vinyl covering only; presumably, ceramic tiles are too heavy.

I have found two other options. First, Maxxus from Purus. It is claimed that the tray can withstand 470 kg (against 190kg for the Aquadec) and even for ceramic tiles, underboarding is not required. Second, Tuff from AKW Medicare. It is also said that the tray can be installed without underboarding. However, the load which it is guaranteed to withstand is the same as for Aquadec, 190 kg. Both of them are manufactured from GRP. Are Tuff trays really stronger than Aquadec?

I would appreciate any advice and/or comments.

Thanks in advance.

Igro

W

wetdec

The Tuff2 is the former we sell for wood floors as its guarantee and strength makes it a leader in its field.

The Maxxus wetroom former is also sold by us as the Pro4mer usually for concrete floors, refurbs and tight spots as it has a shallow trap so easier to instal in those cases. You can buy our Pro4mer for £330 delivered with choice of stainless steel grill at the moment.

With my installer hat on : Given the choice I would buy the Tuff2 every time for wood before any other board on the market.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

F

faithhealer

The Tuff2 is the former we sell for wood floors as its guarantee and strength makes it a leader in its field.

The Maxxus wetroom former is also sold by us as the Pro4mer usually for concrete floors, refurbs and tight spots as it has a shallow trap so easier to instal in those cases. You can buy our Pro4mer for £330 delivered with choice of stainless steel grill at the moment.

With my installer hat on : Given the choice I would buy the Tuff2 every time for wood before any other board on the market.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

made a note of that Tony, had a couple of enquiries of late for wetroom concrete floors

I

igro49

With my installer hat on : Given the choice I would buy the Tuff2 every time for wood before any other board on the market....
Thanks a lot for your advice, Wetdec. :thumbsup:

While your installer hat is on, may I ask you why you would prefer Tuff? Is it easier to install than Maxxus, or any other reason?

As a side note, I do not seem to be able to find the Pro4mer on your website.

Igro

W

wetdec

Thanks a lot for your advice, Wetdec. :thumbsup:

While your installer hat is on, may I ask you why you would prefer Tuff? Is it easier to install than Maxxus, or any other reason?

As a side note, I do not seem to be able to find the Pro4mer on your website.

Igro

Yep no worries.

The tuff2 has a better gulley system the stainless steel grill is extendable. The grill on the Pro4mer is bedded into adhesive ( not such a thought out system)

Attachments

• Tuff2 gulley.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 231

Reply to Wetroom floor former tray – which one to choose? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hello people. Been up to the eyes with life, but finally managed to progress my (now 6m long!)...
Replies
Views
HI There, im about to layout Jackoboard panels and wetroom shower tray on my bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Guys Have a wetroom to create in an extension & just wanted to clarify a couple of issues. The...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wetroom floor former tray – which one to choose?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.