Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Wetroom Floor Plywood Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dumbrill

The rate of expansion of steel is not very much. About one thousandth of a percent change per degree. Along a length of 1700mm and with a 20 degC temp rise the steel will expand by 0.4mm. I'm assuming that this is negligible.
Having looked further the coefficient of expansion of concrete is not much different to that of steel - depending on mix, see attached jpg. The figure for steel is around 10 x 10-6/degC. Therefore a steel subfloor or a concrete subfloor is not really an issue.

Attachments

• excerpt.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 138
S

Sim101

As you are taking up the floor anyway I would put extra noggings in as scottley has already said, you want to put them in at 300 centres. as the floor will be open it is better to make sure now rather then screwing down the ply and finding out there is still movement there. you could use 18mm ply and put a 6mm backer board on top of the ply and install the tray to suit the height.

Noggins make sense, but whats the advantage of backer board over a thinner sheet of ply? room will be tanked using the membrane from the Aquadec kit.

On another note I presume I have no need for a decoupling layer in this situation as, unlike dumbrill, i have no plans for underfloor heating in either area

Reply to Wetroom Floor Plywood Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm having the majority of the ground floor of my house tiled (35m²) and I'm not...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wetroom Floor Plywood Floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.