Discuss Wetroom has water seeping UP between tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

thenypeacock

I have wetroom installed in a loft conversion. I know that the plumber put in a wetroom deck and waste system from Wickes because he submitted the invoice to me. Later I had to fire him because his tiling and carpentry were so bad. The tradesman I got in to finish the job was generally unimpressed with the standard of the job done so far and re-did a lot of the plumbing.
My problem is that after sustained use of the wetroom you can see water seeping UP between the tiles when you walk across the room. I am worried that water is seeping between the tiles and being trapped by the deck. I suspect that there is too much "give" in the floor which means the grout between the tiles cracks.
How big a problem is this? I am selling my home and don't want to leave a problem for the new owner.

Reply to Wetroom has water seeping UP between tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, all I have just finished my wetroom and tanked all areas, to my understanding because this...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am a landscaper by trade and have done some very minor tiling. For my current job, I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wetroom has water seeping UP between tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.