Discuss Wetroom Sub floor not level in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

insulation board, ufh, slc, addy and tile would be my choice.

Ive been a ply man up to now but feel maybe its time i move on:smilewinkgrin:.

If you used a cement board as you have suggested such as dukkaboard, lay ufh, slc then tile is that sufficent water proofing as I notice you wouldn't use a mat?

excuse me If ive picked you up wrongly but as I said im new to cement boards so any info's helpful.

Cheers

Ah I see, I noticed when looking at the dukkabaord that it also states it is waterproof when the joints and taped with their waterproof tape so I guess it must be similar to wedi.

I think the waterproof boards screwed into the floorboards and as you suggested joints taped is a good idea as i take it will waterproof the floor so not require any tanking matting etc?

I assume ufh mats stick to the boards and that slc will also bond without a problem?

Thanks

I've never used or come across dukkaboard Davie so I don't know it's properties. If it's a cement board like hardiebacker it doesn't mean it's waterproof but water resistant,,water will pass through a cement board.

Here is the best description of its properties, maybe you will be converted from wedi:thumbsup:

DUKKABOARD Tile Backer Board Panels are made from extruded rigid polystyrene covered both sides with a glass fibre reinforcing mesh and coated with a synthetic mortar. Dukkaboards can be used in situations where Wedi or Marmox boards are specified, as they have similar properties and are easy to cut using a Stanley knife and straight-edge.These boards are impervious to moisture and rot proof. They also have very high thermal insulation properties and are ideal for use with under floor heating systems. The boards can be screwed to walls or floors using the countersunk washers shown below or bonded to solid walls using metal dowels and flexible adhesive.The Dukkaboards are screwed at 30cm centres with 9 fixings per sq. metre.The joints between the Dukkaboards should be covered with the joint reinforcement tape for extra strength. PLEASE NOTE that any joints between boards or fixing holes drilled through them need to be sealed with either waterproof tape or the Mira tanking products listed on the waterproofing and tanking page if the Dukkaboards are being used in a wetroom or shower.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wetroom Sub floor not level in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB