Discuss What a 24 hours that was !!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Could have been mr grr, but because he works at hospital he's built up his immune system well by being nearish it but not quite in the thick of it maybe. So he's bought it home but hasn't had the effect of it.

That said the kids toys thing could be right they all even share drink cartons where roxy goes.

D

Deleted member 9966

I dunno Dan, Mr GRR always seems to get everything but on this occasion he didn't. He has had a flu jab via work though, so maybe it's built his immune system up a bit, I don't know... A guy I work with, his little on had Croup the other week, and he reckons it was caught from the nursery the little one goes to. Germs aren't bad for you, but too many are what causes all of these breakouts. Wash handies everyone, sneeze into tissues and use alcohol hand gels.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Had croup at Roxy's nursery a few weeks ago. Didn't sound good. 3 kids went to A&E apparently.

Those flu jabs only cover one specific strain of a virus (one covers three strains though or something) and the strains keep changing and there are dozens of them. So it's never a guaranteed thing. My old man swears by it but he stills gets the flu lol

Croup sounds different to other coughs, more a bark. They make noise inhaling (stridor) rather than exhaling (wheeze) and its because the voice box is inflamed.

One of my twins gets croup a few times a year due to other complications he has, it's usually a&e for oral steroids to reduce swelling and home but he's been really poorly with it at times, with lengthy hospital stays.

If you hear stridor get them seen :)

Charlie

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What a 24 hours that was !!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB