UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What a load of rubbish.....or is it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Have no work on at the moment so I rounded up all the metal rubbish from behind the sheds & trees in the garden. Bags of old copper pipe and bits of lead etc. I took it down to the scrap metal merchant and they gave me £87.

To try and make some money I've been looking at buying stuff at wholesale and selling it on ebay. I found some Gucci sunglasses for £46 wholesale, but upon investigation I think they are fakes, as I came across a Chinese site selling the same glasses for £25 (with authentic certificates etc). Plus the ebay selling fees are extortionate.

I'm now dabbling with the stock market (and have been badly burned in the past, but what else can I do?).

I've been working on my web page too. I'm trying to make it look professional looking (using free software), but it looks rubbish! I've just seen Ali'G's Facebook page and that looks pretty smart so I might look down the Facebook route.

I'm also trying to get into natural stone repair and cleaning. Marble Tony had a course scheduled for today and tomorrow, but I think it has been cancelled due to lack of interest. Shame, as I have nothing planned for these 2 days.

FYI 16kg of copper = £56

Cheers
Sean

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What a load of rubbish.....or is it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've been looking to buy one of these for awhile now and just came across this but its looking a...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
H
I'm doing an ensuite refit and the customers have weighed in with 2 different set of tiles, one...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, New to the site, but been lurking for a while and I'm after a bit of advice about timber...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
S
Hi. I'm Steve. I'm a keen but not neccessarily competent DIYer. My wife hates me DIYing because...
Replies
Views
T
Hi Everyone, First time I've tried tiling and I'm having problems getting the tiles to stay up...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.