Guest viewing is limited

Discuss what a terrible day I'm having in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

ok :rant: on

WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO QUALITY CONTROL!!!!!

:smilewinkgrin:
In my past life Rob, I was a toolmaker, making injection mould tools for plastic mouldings of all desriptions. Every piece of steel went to inspection and scrutinised to a micron. Then china came along with it's (practically) slave labour and our precision tools were replaced by rubbish. We are all to blame, everybody wants cheap products and unfortunately it seems like we have forgotten how to make quality as well

D

doug boardley

had a :mad2::mad2: day today. Customer called at 9am to say fedex had made delivery, so I went and dropped kids off at sitters. Got to the job and they had dropped off the uncoupling membrane, good the insulation boards will be here soon I thought. Unloaded my van, primed the floor and waited, and waited, and waited! 5:59pm fedex turn up with the boards (25m2). Sparky is coming in the morning to commission heat mat:yikes: so had to stay and work a bit later tonight. Managed to get the main guts of the boards down, just a utility and hallway to board in the morning, get the ufh mat down, slc it all, then decopule and start opus pattern in slate.Will I get finished before I go on my hols on Sunday? I doubt it:mad2:

C

Colour Republic

In my past life Rob, I was a toolmaker, making injection mould tools for plastic mouldings of all desriptions. Every piece of steel went to inspection and scrutinised to a micron. Then china came along with it's (practically) slave labour and our precision tools were replaced by rubbish. We are all to blame, everybody wants cheap products and unfortunately it seems like we have forgotten how to make quality as well

I agree

The trouble is when brands outsource to China and then still trade on their good name. I've rubbished Chinese imports in the bathroom industry for years but now it seems I can't trust what i'm buying even if it's a European 'brand'

It really has got silly, has anybody seen the documentry (couple years old now) on Vance Miller, it shows how he goes to China sourcing cheap tat then makes a huge profit on unsuspecting customers. If its got that bad where you can openly mock your own customers and still make fortunes then you are fighting a losing battle.

After today I shall no longer be buying what I have spec'd for years... thing is, they won't care as the bottom line is still healthy for them, even more so than when they sold quality products:thumbsdown:

M

mikethetile

Rob

I would send the lot back, problem being that you reccomended this gear to your client, but you cant accept these standards

for some years now ive been appalled at the way things have been heading, there is a ready market for quality no nonsense material and work at a reasonable price. people will gladly pay for some good old fashioned quality if only they could find it......theres a rich seam of it on here but its getting the message across with so much bs about is the hard bit

Reply to what a terrible day I'm having in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
As an introduction, I'm a DIY home owner who has gutted the bathroom in a house built in 1980...
Replies
Views
Tony R
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what a terrible day I'm having
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.