Discuss What adhesive for porcelain floor tiles? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

O

Olz

A single part flexible adhesive should do the job mate.

Which suppliers are in your area will dictate which brands are availalbe to you?

I assume that you are OK with the prep work, eg you have ensured that the floor is sound, properly screwed down and there is no deflection etc as 9mm maybe a bit on the thin side, better to sort any deflection now, rather than having to take up tiles and repair later.

Dont prime the WBP with PVA whatever you do.

G

grumpygrouter

Before you select your adhesive, you need to make sure your floor is solid. 9mm ply will only add a small amount of additional strength to the floor. If it was me, I would be looking at something like Ardexflex 7001 or Granfix Ultimate Flex if you only want to use a single part system or for 2 part, Bal FastFlex or Mapei Keraquick with Isolastic additive. Bog standard SPF isn't sufficient for 9mm overboarding, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

oldgit

Before you select your adhesive, you need to make sure your floor is solid. 9mm ply will only add a small amount of additional strength to the floor. If it was me, I would be looking at something like Ardexflex 7001 or Granfix Ultimate Flex if you only want to use a single part system or for 2 part, Bal FastFlex or Mapei Keraquick with Isolastic additive. Bog standard SPF isn't sufficient for 9mm overboarding, IMO.
spot on grumpy

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What adhesive for porcelain floor tiles? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB