Discuss what are the chances of my ufh getting damaged removing tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sparkle333

no ive got someone coming about 6 but not sure really, cos I had got this carpenter off mybuilder to do my doors, he rang me 2 days ago to ask if I still wanted them doing, I told him about bathroom probs and he said his mate is a tiler and works with him they are putting in a new kitchen together at the mo and can he bring him and promises me hes a good tiler, they are not English , which shouldn't matter but due to all other probs ive had I am worried about getting someone in that knows what the are doing, ive had bathroom ceiling skimmed today, hes said it will take 4 boards to do the main 2 worst walls and half day wage if a tiler wants them done

C

charlie1

The biggest factor as to the success of this is how was the UFH installed? Was it immersed in self levelling compound prior to tiling? If so then I give you a 50/50 chance of success... All dependant on other factors too like how long the cement adhesive has been curing? Was the slc primed then tiled? What adhesive bla bla bla...

best set way to go about it, do not attempt to get chisel under tiles and lift!!! Hammer the tiles surface and lift small pieces. Watch those fingers though, wear gloves!

S

sparkle333

The biggest factor as to the success of this is how was the UFH installed? Was it immersed in self levelling compound prior to tiling? If so then I give you a 50/50 chance of success... All dependant on other factors too like how long the cement adhesive has been curing? Was the slc primed then tiled? What adhesive bla bla bla...

I can answer most of that, the plywood was coated a few times in some solution that was given with the heating mats, its called fastheat by prowarm to reduce heat loss. the mat was put onto of that then she laid quite a thick layer of flexi adhesive suitable for underfloor heating , its called kwik flex grey tile adhesive, the floor was laid was week tues and weds , hope this helps

C

charlie1

I can answer most of that, the plywood was coated a few times in some solution that was given with the heating mats, its called fastheat by prowarm to reduce heat loss. the mat was put onto of that then she laid quite a thick layer of flexi adhesive suitable for underfloor heating , its called kwik flex grey tile adhesive, the floor was laid was week tues and weds , hope this helps

Ok, ok, did she spread the kwik flex over the mat, then allow to set, then back to lay tiles?

S

sparkle333

Ok, ok, did she spread the kwik flex over the mat, then allow to set, then back to lay tiles?

I would say no, she covered it completely then laid tiles, but I need to check this, shes just made me an offer, that she will give me some money not sure if allowed to say how much to get someone to remove all tiles and if mat damaged no come back or she will come and remove them carefully herself, although shes got injuries, im thinking whether to meet her half way and get walls removed by someone and floors by her

S

sparkle333

I would say no, she covered it completely then laid tiles, but I need to check this, shes just made me an offer, that she will give me some money not sure if allowed to say how much to get someone to remove all tiles and if mat damaged no come back or she will come and remove them carefully herself, although shes got injuries, im thinking whether to meet her half way and get walls removed by someone and floors by her

shes saying she tiled over adhesive fairly quickly , so does that make it easier or harder to remove, do I let her in house to remove all these tiles lol is the question ive got to decide now

C

charlie1

shes saying she tiled over adhesive fairly quickly , so does that make it easier or harder to remove, do I let her in house to remove all these tiles lol is the question ive got to decide now

Yes, id her in to remove tiles however, how does she expect to settle the overall dispute? You will now need to buy more tiles / materials. Is she going to pay for this? If yes then let her get the tiles off.

S

sparkle333

right omg ive got there I think, shes been to her parents to ask their advice and they have told her to get legal advice ,which she said she decided against but due to her change of mind im wondering anyway after god knows how many emails , think ive got to a solution, shes agreed to put money in my account tomorrow for all the tiles, adhesive, grout, the mat at £50 , thinner plywood for floor and a small amount to get it all removed which im hoping mr t bag will do for me, ive just lost out of the electrician to fit it, which im sure if I had battled on and on might have, but I think shes being quite fair , what do u guys think

Reply to what are the chances of my ufh getting damaged removing tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB