Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss what are topps tiles up too??? in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
There appears to be an interesting dynamic between Topps Tiles and Tile Giant. I gather there may be some disgruntlement on behalf of former Topps employees who now work for Tile Giant - in my region, every Tile Giant shop has a Topps Tiles shop next door! Interestingly enough, whatever you can buy at Topps is often available cheaper, but not any lesser quality albeit slightly different manufacture/spec, at Tile Giant. Furthermore, becuase the Tile Giant employees are invariably former Topps employees, you often find the staff of both shops enjoying a coffee, ciggie and chin wag together!

Which brings us to pricing - the attitude of Topps shops changes from store to store. At Hengrove in Bristol you will get an excellent price for Hardibacker (250s sheets for a tenner) and they do their best to price match other tile retailers addy/grout prices. At Frome - 15 miles away, with no Tile Giant next door, the traders get ripped off something rotten with little or no discounts. So it does appear to be a bit of a lottery.

But my best service award goes to Sharon at Tile Giant in Swindon. She bent over backwards to help me sort out a tile order I had botched up last November! All sorted in under an hour, and full trade discount.

C

cornish_crofter

The topps tiles pricing fiasco could be down to a kind of 'hook em and shaft em' attitude.

I have been in there on the odd occasion and have been told in no uncertain terms that I should see what they can do in terms of beating prices from other suppliers. But I get the feeling that once you go there regularly they then treat you as a cash cow.

That would explain why the OPs customer would get a keen price, then he would get the usual as he already shops from there.

I have this problem with a builder's merchant that I have an account with. Once I went in there and was quoted more than the cash price! It started to become a bad joke when my customers who had only just started spending with them were getting better prices than I was. The local branch were trying to shaft me whilst a branch 15 miles away would be very competitive. It even got to the point where one staff member wouldn't give any discount whatsoever whilst her manager would do what he could.

Reply to what are topps tiles up too??? in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Which Tile Adhesive and grout brand did you use the most in the last 12 months? And also...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Poynton, cheshire

Thread Information

Title
what are topps tiles up too???
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond