Guest viewing is limited

Discuss what are we all working at next week !!! then in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TT Tiling

still on a big job in dartmonth 600 sm flooring with 400 sm walls , doing all the floors first im about half way through , sleeping in the back of the van monday to friday doing about a 14 hour day every day till jobs done , lucky they have a portercabin on site with hot water for my bucket wash everyday ,and a microwave and toaster ,first time ive ever had microwave dinners :lol: not bad i must say :thumbsup:

theres no way im packing up my tools end of the day and paying about £50 for a b&b per night ,
dartmonth is very expensive , and hey im likeing the van ,have everything i need :thumbsup:

It's funny because last week I dashed to catch a ferry from one of the other islands but missed it and the next one wasn't for 4 hours:mad2: So I set about cleaning the back of my van out for something to do, that took about 30mins:prrr: So I thought to myself, 'have a lie down in the back, which I did and promptly fell flat out asleep:lol: I must have been unconcious for about an hour or so and remember waking up and thinking to myself - 'I could lodge in this no problem!!':lol::lol:

S

Spud

theres no way im packing up my tools end of the day and paying about £50 for a b&b per night ,
dartmonth is very expensive , and hey im likeing the van ,have everything i need :thumbsup:
After many years doing sub contract work all over the uk and europe I can offer some good advice,
1. Be totally prepared with all the tools and equipment you need for the job you are undertaking
2. Have excellent accomadation with a good shower,clean beds and a decent breakfast
3.Get a decent price for the work you are doing.
Any one who has worked away will confirm what I have said and will understand why I have said it
sleePing in the van will get you no where fast and you will be behind anyone who spends the money and gets good lodgings :thumbsup:

Reply to what are we all working at next week !!! then in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
J
Hi everyone I've done several trades across construction, and the thing I struggle most with is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, As ever I am on the recruitment drive as we are now entering an incredibley busy phase...
Replies
Views
D
i have just completed some repair work on a very small local pool that was very badly tiled by...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what are we all working at next week !!! then
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.