Guest viewing is limited

Discuss What battery tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

Can you buy a battery powered wet saw and grinder? Never heard of them, surely for cutting power you need mains electric?

:thumbsup:
makita have been doing a cordless mini grinder with a water bottle attached to the side for over 20years ,started off as a 7.2 volt jobby now they make a decent cordless li ion grinder which works well with a 1mm thick diamond blade .dewalt make a very good cordless grinder which has more torque than the makita, cut feels more powerful when you use it ,i have seen ryobi and panasonic cordless grinders over the years but i think the dewalt and the makita are the 2 best cordless grinders I have come across

S

Scott

A few have got the makita wet cutters but not much use for lots of cuts im told. Dewalt are supposed ot be launching a hand held cutter this year but i think this mill be mains, Im also told this will be far better than the Makita.

I have 18v Dewalt drills, impact driver, trim saw, jig saw, reciprocating saw and sds drill. I am in the process of upgrading the bateries to Lithium Ion and would advise that whatever you buy go for these batteries. I also have a pair of the makita 14.4v (i think) impact drivers, they as well as the dewalt are supreme for plying floors

D

diamondtiling

A few have got the makita wet cutters but not much use for lots of cuts im told. Dewalt are supposed ot be launching a hand held cutter this year but i think this mill be mains, Im also told this will be far better than the Makita.

I have 18v Dewalt drills, impact driver, trim saw, jig saw, reciprocating saw and sds drill. I am in the process of upgrading the bateries to Lithium Ion and would advise that whatever you buy go for these batteries. I also have a pair of the makita 14.4v (i think) impact drivers, they as well as the dewalt are supreme for plying floors

You can always change the batteries yourself, I gave an old dewalt battery to my mate that was knackered, he put new cells in it that he got from somewhere and it lasts for ages, cost me about £15

:thumbsup:

Reply to What battery tools in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views
HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Anyone know any great tools coming out that are battery operated and can be used on a building...
Replies
Views
On large format are alot of you using angle grinders (anyone use the monolit guide? Plus using...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
What battery tools
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.