Discuss What do you guys think in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

PJ Tiling

Been to look at a job for a builder friend of mine.

Customer has approx. 60m2 going from hallway (front door) into a dining room, large open plan kitchen, utility room and downstairs shower room. The floor would flow from old house into new section.

The tiles are 205x615 wood effect to be fixed in brick bond over a floating floor (floorboards). I've told the cust that the floor would need appropriate boarding throughout and ditra on top. However the customer adamant they do not want any expansion joints as this would spoil the flow of the floor.

I've told them the problems they may encounter in future if there were none, their words....'Well our friends have a similar floor and they've not had problems'

Am I wrong, what would you guys do.

Just to add the builder has told them he'll ply the floor, I've told him cement board.......:mad2:

beanz

TF
Berkshire
I always thought it was a 10 metre run!?! Either way, you know the customer is going to balk at the threshold strips. Maybe just try for matching silicone joints in the doorways, although that may not be possible, due to laying out.. The other option is that you could explain the potential problems, of tiling right through, and just go with what they decide. I've done it a few times, and so far, been lucky. ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What do you guys think in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
I have a brick effect red brick type tile splashback at home, porcelain tiles. They have been up...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB