Discuss what do you recommend. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Handyeire

Any particular reason for a 110v rather than a 240v...

Not aloud near site with 240v here in south.

I bought a titan one from screwfix it was on offer for £40 I had 3 floors to rip up and thought if it lasted long enough for that then I got my money worth ...

7years later...and hundreds of meters of floors ripped up its still going strong.....so do you really need to spend so much money?

At that money and length of time, that's a steal thou I'm looking something make from dewalt or makitka.

S

Stef

I bought a Makita sds + when the Dewalt packed in, not sure model number but got it for £100 on offer at ScrewFix.
Like Andy I bought a cheap Titan percussion drill to mix adhesive to get me by & it lasted almost 2 years. I gave it some amount of abuse & don't know how many bags of addy it mixed up.
Had a 2 yr warranty so took it back & got a new one, not as well built as the old one but it does me for £40.

M

mike1979

I bought a titan one from screwfix it was on offer for £40 I had 3 floors to rip up and thought if it lasted long enough for that then I got my money worth ...

7years later...and hundreds of meters of floors ripped up its still going strong.....so do you really need to spend so much money?
I've got the Titan 110 v sds max had it a year , powerful and does the job great cost me around a hundred quid

Attachments

• image.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 144
L

lizzardtong

I would advise on getting 2 drils.
On for drilling with sds plus like that http://www.toolstation.com/m/part.html?p=16953

And for stripping tiles smallest braker from hilti TE500 with sds max fitting. Its not to hevy under 5kg and bulletproof.

With combi drills i found that they are not accurate try to drill 5mm holes with titan. Its possible but it will take time. As for stripping i foun that it takes air from the bottom of engine and it ectract it trough sides so if you will be chiseling wall on a face hight you will have air blowing dust in your face. I do have dewalt sds max and it works other way around. Other thing is that it will be more powerful that combo drill. So you will be quicker.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to what do you recommend. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering what, as a tiler, you would expect to do when you go to a job. Do you prepare...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB