Discuss what do you think of these mosaics. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
client wanted white grout, i think it looks all right, what colour would you have gone for?

to be fair the photos and even the picture in there brochure dont do these tiles justice, they really are quality, and it was only a small area 2m2 and the client said shes never moving again so she might as well have what she wants, much to the disgust of her husband.

cutting the L shape cuts round the sockets and units were nightmare to do, the wheel on the wet cutter gose further on the back of the tile than it dose on the front and because the tile is glass you can see the cut on the back through the front of the tile. so i had to cut part of the way and nibble the last bits out.

anyway they were made up with the job and thats what counts.

Last edited:
R

Rich

data stick 144.jpg data stick 140.jpg
data stick 142.jpg
This was a small job I did not long a go, the customer LOVED pink. Everything in the house was pink. I thought they looked horrid but she was over thew moon with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I did a job with those ones this week phil. Customer used them as a border so I only had to cut wallends and around a few sockets.

I used a grinder to cut them but found that I had to cut out glass and use manual tile cutter to score and snap as grinder would chip glass. Did you have the same problem mate?

I was lucky mate, I managed to pull full cube from floor to ceiling. Floor tile hid the 8mm gap at the bottom ( my nickname used to be full tile Phil):lol::thumbsup:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
View attachment 23384 View attachment 23385
View attachment 23386
This was a small job I did not long a go, the customer LOVED pink. Everything in the house was pink. I thought they looked horrid but she was over thew moon with them.

excellent work....but i see what you mean about the tiles, however what we think dosn't matter if the client wants it then so be it.

i had a customer who was allso mad on pink even when you flushed the loo bright pink water come out.

Reply to what do you think of these mosaics. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I recently visited an establishment and went to use the facilities and this was it! I was...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve put up mosaic tiles and some of them (the shiny metal ones) have a protective film...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Seems alot of talk that 20kg per mtr2 is the max weight limit for plaster. Few questions 1. its...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
what do you think of these mosaics.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.