Discuss What do you think of these tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

magga

TF
Nottingham
Just doing a bathroom at the moment, and used some interesting tiles that I haven't seen before, they were a bit of a pain to cut, as they have fake grout grooves in them, so couldn't score them to cut, had to angle grind every one!

I think they look quite good when down though, what do you guys reckon, and what's your guess at the cost per square metre?

btw - this pic was taken before I'd polished them off.

IMG_0940.JPG

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Widnes
Just doing a bathroom at the moment, and used some interesting tiles that I haven't seen before, they were a bit of a pain to cut, as they have fake grout grooves in them, so couldn't score them to cut, had to angle grind every one!

I think they look quite good when down though, what do you guys reckon, and what's your guess at the cost per square metre?

btw - this pic was taken before I'd polished them off.

View attachment 83838
Topps sell a version of this tile I've used on a job with my dad and there was no way u could do a 1m joint the tiles were to badly sized

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Widnes
My mate bought a cheap Bosch laser, which came with one of these:

http://www.NoLinksToThis/p/bosch-mm-02-professional-adjustable-clamp/3992k

I tried it with the Dewalt laser, just clamped onto an architrave, and it held it without any problems at all, I was really surprised at how good it was, so much so, that I am going to get one.
Screenshot_2016-08-01-19-48-31.png I've recently bought one of these for my laser I'd bin using a similar clamp thing with my old laser but I think my new later would be to heavy for it

O

Old Mod

Does that have fine height adjustment on it, or is it just a case of "move bracket to where you want it and twist the knob"?
No wouldn't have thought so mate, that looks identical to the Stanley version. It would wobble too much I think under the weight of the Dewalt.
I do find the Dewalt base that it's in frustrating cos I can't remove it.
I use the long metal bracket a lot. Just screw it to a wall or piece of timber.

magga

TF
Nottingham
Good question when I use it ill.let u know it's sat in the kitchen I'm. Not back in work for a few weeks as I've just had a baby or I mite even get it out and set it up tomorrow and see if there is fine adjustment on it
Congrats! Priorities, hey?! ;)

I've got a stabila pole, I fit the Dewalt to that, but it doesn't have fine height adjustment, and it takes a while to setup.

I reckon the best combination is a Bosch BM1 and a Bosch MM2!

Reply to What do you think of these tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
I have a small ensuite that is 1950mm on 2 sides, the other two sides are 1850mm. I have 800mm...
Replies
Views
Alan Bentley
A

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB