Guest viewing is limited

Discuss What do you think of this? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

puddle

Am I missing some thing, if you live in a 5 ½ mil house in Cobham and use one of the most expensive tile suppliers, don’t you have a architect recommended tiling firm in, or someone recommended by tile supplier or recommendation, do you worry about cheapest price and pick bob from yellow pages, unless you maybe do not want to pay the full bill at the end of it,no matter how good the job is, as it happens, its not worth much payment anyway
Maybe they were going to tarmac the drive as well thrown in :thumbsdown:
Do you get someone in who is in a position to do a runner, why did they??
Something smells here, hope you do ok sorting out and do not get caught in the middle

S

Scott

to be honest i am not going to touch it until tta inspection, tiler was polish and his father passed away and he needed to return immediatly!

read that how you feel, but no wedi washers, no tanking in steam room or wet areas, or in pigeon holes.

and yes domus own surface...and yes some mosaics on this job are £400m2
:yikes::yikes:

Hope his father wasnt killed by a falling tile

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah, wait for TTA inspection. I guess the customer has got in touch with them directly? If you did that for them then make sure TTA go back to them with the report or whatever. Saves it coming from you which gets you involved in the issues. You just want to repair and I'm sure you know what's wrong with it.

As for the tiler, it doesn't really matter why he's left or if he has. Just make sure you do a good job and watch your back as said. See if you can get stage payments or really quick payment after the job. Just in case this issue was firstly based around money in some sense. Though I suspect it isn't.

C

charlie1

get them to tap the tiles they may be ok:lol::lol:

Hi Deanotile,

Your post obviously refers to an earlier post by myself!, I have sense of humour too however the advice I was giving in the other thread was entirely serious regarding the members concerns! Wrong method, wrong adhesive, wrong trowel! even if this guy didn’t put dabs on the back of the tile, I doubt if he would have ever got any more that 50 - 60% coverage!!

Why would you bother to comb the wall, then dab the tiles??

S

Scott

Hi Deanotile,

Your post obviously refers to an earlier post by myself!, I have sense of humour too however the advice I was giving in the other thread was entirely serious regarding the members concerns! Wrong method, wrong adhesive, wrong trowel! even if this guy didn’t put dabs on the back of the tile, I doubt if he would have ever got any more that 50 - 60% coverage!!

Why would you bother to comb the wall, then dab the tiles??

Charlie, i also suggested a similar thing, however i dont know whether thats directed at you or me. I dont see why you have to rise to it. This forum is for information not to pick fault at each other :thumbsup:

Reply to What do you think of this? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering what, as a tiler, you would expect to do when you go to a job. Do you prepare...
Replies
Views
Hello, we have recently had some carpet fitters in who have done a great job but have...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My daughter had a tiling job done in her kitchen while she was away last week. I stayed...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
What do you think of this?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.