UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What do you wear when pricing up? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Had a chap to put me some shelves up in the cuboard in the bathroom ,nice fella nice clean van and all that,had to put some boarding up at the bath end if you will inside the cuboard before battons for shelves ,had all the stuff here all he had to do was the job,then he tells me ive got a small leak on the pipes and he gad to go get a compression joint or something ,had a look ,he,d put the board up and drilled through pipe ,i have a clean van but i also kmow my job thats what im meaning, its not everything
Yeah I get what you're saying, most bankers dress smart and drive clean flashy cars but, you wouldn't want one in your house :tearsofjoy:

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

you need to ask your selfs who are these clients were did they get your number were you recomended have they
seen your work or did they just troll the inter web looking for a cheap quote .never lost a job allways recomended
all ways priced up there and then on the spot .total covered in adhesive and grout on the way home .could have turned up with the devil and still got the job never dropped my price.if asked to do it cheaper just said show me
what bits you want bogged up .if they showed me walk away .no i want it done proprely well thats what i priced for .dont ever go to price a job thinking your lucky .they are lucky you you turned up.and they better be realy happy to see you .offer you tea or coffee on the spot .your clients are no better than you no matter how big there
houses or cars .your there because they cant do it .and deep down they respect that .all ways look them in the eyes your there equale rember that always.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
Thank god I don't do much domestic work, recommended jobs I don't think the customer gives a damn what you are wearing especially if you tell them you have come straight from site, I understand what every post says and image is everything if that's the work you undertake, like you say first impressions are everything but I'm a little like @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin in my thinking.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
It works both ways, i turned up to price a job in the new motor the other month, just to basically see what he would say,
1st thing he said
"you must charge too much"
Yup i do :thumbsup:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What do you wear when pricing up? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
D
Have a read below this email from a customer and tell us.... Is this a case of expectations...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
C
A good read and I agree with most of it... It was written by Jim Olsztynski who is...
Replies
Views
easyt
E
R
Hello all, I put up a post a while ago on grouting (see link below). To most pro tilers on here...
Replies
Views
A
Well before i get into the selling circle itself there are certain things you need to know in...
Replies
Views
AMtek
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.