Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss What Dry cutter should I go for, Please in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jeffrey4670

Hi, I would normally use a Rubi TS50 for cutting wall tiles, but I find myself doing more and more floor tiles. The last few jobs have been in the diamond pattern and find it difficult to break the tiles. I would like to invest in a Rubi cutter of similar make to do a larger format tile. I hired a Rubi TX Cutter recently and it made the job so so easy, but the size of the cutter is a monster. Does anyone in the forum know of anything smaller and practical. Thanking you, Jeff, West Yorkshire.

B

BrhTiling

Montolit = shh.... you get the idea... IMO anyway... not a fan at all, having used them a little I find them fiddly to use and it is much harder to line up your cuts properly... plus, the biggest one (which u would need 4 floor tiles) isn't a great deal less bulky than a rubi.

Montolit mini for £25 I could just about recomend as usefull for small splashbacks.. etc.... otherwise it is Rubi rubi rubi for me :)

TS/TX range is good... you can always snap the tiles over a matchstick... table edge.. etc... or very gently pull the lever till you hear a small crack, then do the same on the other end of the cut before trying to snap the tile... difficult to explain but easy to do.

J

Jeffrey4670

Thanks to Tom & Brh for your replies:) I intend to buy a Rubi TX 700 N cutter this week. I think once you start using this cutter, you overcome the size of it. The TX is a first class cutter in my opinion, with it's mobile separator. Shame I am not able to use it nearby my working area, as I do a lot of bathroom floor tiling:icon9: I have also looked at the TR 600, but not as popular it seems as the TX. Thanks Jeff, Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

G

grumpygrouter

I have used both Rubi and Montolit when doing my tiling course. First 2 weeks with Rubi, second 2 weeks with Montolit. Couldn't afford to buy more than 1 cutter so bought Montolit. DOes everything Rubi can and more but can be a little more fiddley to use. Lining up the cuts isn't really that difficult as the measure built into the cutter is extremely accurate for a 90deg cut. As for diamond set and half cuts -a doddle!

T

The_Master

Hi, I would normally use a Rubi TS50 for cutting wall tiles, but I find myself doing more and more floor tiles. The last few jobs have been in the diamond pattern and find it difficult to break the tiles. I would like to invest in a Rubi cutter of similar make to do a larger format tile. I hired a Rubi TX Cutter recently and it made the job so so easy, but the size of the cutter is a monster. Does anyone in the forum know of anything smaller and practical. Thanking you, Jeff, West Yorkshire.
Used the Rubi, think there ok machines because i never had the money at the time to buy a sigma, ive used a Sigma 620 for about 14 years now and cant look back, fast and reliable, only thing is now that some companies are bringing out even larger format tiles, so thinking of investing in a bigger Sigma, Im not sure about the TX Rubi model but i had the TS40 Rubi and that required 2 Action to cut a tile ie Score the tile then snap, and with the Sigma its 1 action 1 Scribe then Push without taking your hand off the lever. Sigma all day Long.

J

Jeffrey4670

Hi, Thankyou all very much for your responses to my posting. I have purchased a Rubi TX 700 N cutter now. A bit big for my small van, but what a cutter for large format tiles. Don't mind spending on something decent that will last. Have been interested in your response re other cutters, but it's something about Rubi cutters that I like, after having a TS50 over the past few years. I would like to upgrade to a TS Plus, as the the breaking power is superb, after cutting tiles all day long. Thanking you all, Jeff

Reply to What Dry cutter should I go for, Please in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum but tiled a few DIY jobs for friends and family over the years. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Hi Gents, I've got two cutters, a TS-40 and a TS-60, along with a wet saw. However I'm finding...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
What Dry cutter should I go for, Please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%