Search the forum,

Discuss What grout colour looks best with travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Doing a bathroom at the moment and have house to myself as customers have gone on holiday while I'm at it, the tiles are actually Wickes travertine look ceramic tiles but look decent enough.

They did mention white grout but personally I think beige/Ivory would be better suited? White tile trim looks naff against it so I'll use the beige one which got me thinking about the grout colour.

D

DHTiling

:lol:....
crazy.gif

Somerset
I think it would be an injustice to do in white, I'll ring them in the morning if I can get hold of them.

Doing the whole bathroom and I didn't know what tiles they had chosen until they were delivered on day two.

Tiling has been a nightmare, would have been better to reboard as I'm on my 4th bag of addy now the walls are soo bumpy.

Andys (hard learned lessons) Rule 2 - Never start a tiling job before the customer has the tiles.

(Rule 1 is to make sure the customer carries the tiles upstairs before the tiler starts :lol:)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Andy8758 you're so right about customer carrying tiles upstairs. A couple of years ago did a bathroom for a customer 50x50 porcelain, 65m walls and floor in an edwardian house, 4 floors, and bathroom was in loft space. Luckily they had another room on same floor that I could mix and cut in.

Reply to What grout colour looks best with travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.