Discuss What grout will work for me..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

JimboD

The tiles are 12x6 but have grooves so each looks it is made up of 26 smaller mosaic tiles. The tiles are spaced 1mm apart so that when grouting over the top it appears to be 1 continuous mosaic shower wall. I think this makes sense.

Anyway i therefore need a white flexible waterproof grout that will squeeze into the 1mm gaps between tiles ( i.e. not too sandy) and will not go off too quickly so I've got time to really work it in.

Any recommendations please?

Oh, I've found one from Mapei called Keracolor SF to get the ball rolling

I'd like to get grouting on Wednesday...

cheers

jim

J

JimboD

Hi,

OK, I looked at those three brands. All appear to have suitable products but I am drawn to the Ultra FlexJoint as it specifically states its suitable for 1mm and has a "super fine texture"

Ultra FlexJoint:
Specially designed for areas where movement or vibration is likely to increase flexibility and to provide a virtually impermeable set. Allows for joints up to 20mm to be grouted in one application. Suitable for use with most common tile applications including natural stone, porcelain, conglomerate and ceramic wall and floor tiles. Classified CG2.Available in white, cream, limestone, sandstone, chocolate, grey and anthracite. 1-20mm joint widths. Kitchens, bathrooms, swimming pools, power showers etc. Water repellent. Internal & external. Anti-fungal. Mould resistant. Polymer modified. Hygienic. Under floor heating. Super fine texture

Tilemaster Grout 3000 is a highly versatile wall and floor grout specially formulated using carefully selected cements and additives to provide a smooth, creamy, controlled workability. Grout 3000 is flexible and is suitable for use on surfaces subject to limited movement and/or vibration such as plywood overlay, plasterboard and under floor heating. Grout 3000 is suitable for grouting a large variety of wall and floor tiles with joint widths between 2mm and 15mm wide. Grout 3000 has very low permeability making it ideal for use in areas subject to prolonged or permanent wet conditions such as wet rooms and swimming pools.

weber joint pro is a scratch-resistant, water-repellent, flexible tile grout for interior and exterior use in situations where some movement or vibration is expected. Suitable for joint widths up to 10mm. Can be used on walls and floors. Water-repellent surface for reduced water penetration and improved resistance to staining. Limited flexibility to absorb movement from wooden floors or underfloor heating.

Anyone disagree with the Ultra option?
And does anyone know of a stockist in Hampshire (Farnham area) I can't find anyone via Google.

Thanks for the input chaps!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What grout will work for me..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Hello all, Been lurking the past few days to get a feel for the forum, seems some very...
Replies
Views
Rossymcg
R
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
I Was grouting 112 m2 today and I just kept thinking to myself " I really hate grouting" ! So I...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
D
Do you ever think that work is so mad that there is too much on... or shall i say taking too...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
Last week I received an e-mail from what I thought was a customer wanted their kitchen tiled,I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB