Guest viewing is limited

Discuss what is best sigma snap cutter for me in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

i am mainly a stone man but have been doing more and more porcelain of late.
I have two rubi 700x cutters but have decided to give sigma a go for certain.
i suppose 90% of porcelain work has been 60 x 60 rectified or smaller.
the other jobs have been 80 x 80 floor tiles big areas or 100 x 100cm.
I dont mind spending the money to get the best cutter but cant get my head round all these different models of sigma.
this new max range ,is it better than the other ranges or better for a particular use?
should i just get a sigma 3em max which will cover all sizes or is this just too big for general use and better getting a 60 length cutter as well.
till now we have always just used one of my big wet saws to get a good clean edge cut but it seems to me that with the right snap cutter i might get a good clean edge and save a lot of time not using wet saw.
any help would be great.

S

Sigma UK

I would also say Klick Klock for large format tiles. Put's the breaking pressure inwards and gives a clean cut. I did see a video on here somewhere and the guy was cutting large porc and got a good thin piece of it from the whole tile. Also Dave has done a great review on his one. The Klick Klock has a 1150kg breaker and will cut most stuff including granite, good quality trav and gulfstone.

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
today was first time i have tried sigma, on these DSC_0595.jpg sins i won JOTM and got SIGMA hand cutter :hurray:.
Have 3 rubi utters and Sigma is bit different. Need some practice.

S

Sigma UK

The 3EM 128cm MAX cutter has a sprung loaded wheel set around bearings for textured tile surfaces along with srung loaded breaker foot attached to he handle. "You score then lift the handle to break the tile". 1200kg breaker. The Klick Klick has a reversable handle that flips forwards and backwards so you score forwards flip the handle over and break inwards on the tile. 1150kg breaker. Both have a no mark protectors on the feet so it wont leave marks on polished tiles. wheels should last around a year a piece and are cheap to replace. All cutters are height adjustable up to 20mm. And all cutters have a swivel guide bar for cutting 0-45 degrees.

Reply to what is best sigma snap cutter for me in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone. I've decided to come off the tools for the foreseeable future and take some...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi Peeps, I'm new to this site but been in the game a looooong time :) Looking to purchase a new...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking at getting a sigma. I am contemplating between the sigma ceramic cutter...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what is best sigma snap cutter for me
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond