Discuss What is tanking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Steve Atkinson

they are attached to the plasterboard, i am unaware of any waterproofing other than the sealer that we can see. And the shower tray moves when you stand in it... Snapshot_20110912.jpg

D

DHTiling

they are attached to the plasterboard, i am unaware of any waterproofing other than the sealer that we can see. And the shower tray moves when you stand in it... View attachment 32441

If the tray is moving then that is the cause of the leak, the seal between the tray and tile will have broke and water is getting in..

Bottom row of tiles need to come off , to see what damage is done and the tray needs to be strengthened tp prevent it moving/flexing.. this could be the floor boards it is sat on moving or incorrect fitting.. but deffo needs investigating, you must not use the shower till this is fixed.

You could also claim on your insurance for remedial works to rectify the leak.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What is tanking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views
I have installed a wetroom form (the style below). I have removed the floorboards and lowered...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
What is tanking
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.