UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss what is the best way to cut plastic trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan M

DSCF0908.jpg
sorry about the video. i can t get it off my phone so that is will work on the pc. i took a pic of the trim sitting flat.

deano
i never said i was a master craftsman. i didnt say your video was bad i just said i could get the same results in the air but not on a flat surface.
thanks for doing the video. it is aprieciated.i actually boughtit because of your first video
i do see a failing in this tool. (my one at least). the blade wont stay held securly. it slips up in the holder and wont cut the trim. i even put stronger bolts in it to allow it to tighten more
DSCF0920.jpg
i put a brand new stanley brand blade in there and its no diferent, . it will cut the close part of the trim ok but not at the front. i cant cut off the back part like deano does in the video.

please can we put all this aside and be friends

Attachments

• DSCF0918.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 135
J

JLM Tiling

Two things, firstly if in the picture of the tool you are holding the handles down tight then I'd loosen off the blade and resecure it but with the cutting edge touching the base plate. I had the same problem and it did make things harder until I adjusted it.
Secondly the angles just aren't right. You're either not aligning the trim in the snip correctly or as I think you mentioned earlier the trim is crushing and moving out of alignment. Like i said try differing pressure. I used to have the same problem, no idea how i got around it now though. I think your snips are the same make as mine and yes at first it seems impossible but trust me those snips will do it. Just practise mate, you'll figure it out. Good luck mucker

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to what is the best way to cut plastic trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are keeping well. Need a bit of advice on which tool is best to cut the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views
What are electric cleaning brushes? . Powered by electricity, it can scrub anywhere in your...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.