Discuss What is this type of tile called? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Patchwork effect? walls and floors seem to call it.

image.jpg

O

Old Mod

Apparently, if laid in a traditional way, u have one design two tiles wide and laid in a carpet run, then u choose another tile and so on.
That's what the fixing instructions said.
They have their own sealer which was very similar to the one we used to make years ago.
Mixture of linseed oil and white spirit I think, can't quite remember.
Anyway, I used Stain Stop, (after speaking with Lithofin) that home made stuff can be a nightmare for showing up every little mark in the tiles, fingerprints, sock prints and anything else!

O

Old Mod

Nothing wrong with your post, basically TJ said the same especially fingerprints.

Yeah, I remembered from years ago when we used that kind of seal on the handmade Mexican floor tiles.
We had to clean them meticulously with scotch pads before sealing otherwise it was wrecked.
So as soon as I smelt the seal I knew what it was, completely unmistakeable!
So I swerved that one! :D

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Why's that Ray..1 in 300?? Why small area's?? Are you talking about originals or repo??
well i get new tiles in all the time to test the market i will take these to the shows we do trade
and public and i will put them in my showroom to see what people pic there the ones i buy.
with these tiles i have not had the many takers 1 in 300 and then only small areas this sort of tile is like marmight i like to sell to 9 out of ten not 1in 300 heres a pic any way

Attachments

• DSC08716.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 35

Reply to What is this type of tile called? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hello we are currently trying to choose a tile to lay on the ground floor (70m2) of our house...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Add your news for free; Tiling News, Plumbing News, Electrical News What's Involved in...
Replies
Views
hello tilers, Recently I have launched my tile's website. I am new in the tile industry. Can...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB