Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss what manual cutter to get in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

C

crocotile

hi guys

heres my first question...

i really like rubi. if you were me what would you go for??
i like the rubi tr600s. i have read that the ts50 will cope with 99% of most domestic jobs but i am not keen on the seperate break mechanism. (just find it awkward when snapping porcelain)

what do you experts think . is the tr600s a good alround machine??

if i were to get 2, i was thinking of the rubitr400s and the rubi tx700n...is this a good combination...any help appreciated. its an expensice business this tiling lark

cheers
croc

G

GazTech

hi guys

i like the rubi tr600s. i have read that the ts50 will cope with 99% of most domestic jobs but i am not keen on the seperate break mechanism. (just find it awkward when snapping porcelain)

if i were to get 2, i was thinking of the rubitr400s and the rubi tx700n...is this a good combination...any help appreciated. its an expensice business this tiling lark

cheers
croc
Rubi is the choice of the pro...TS 40 and TS 60 plus...great combination Croc

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

hi guys

cheers
croc

Why go to the expense of buying two cutters? The ones you have choosen are not that much different in overall size I dont't think; the big one would cut small tiles, the small one won't cut really big tiles.

My montolit will cut just about anything up 630mm and it is robust enough to hit it with a mallet. Was demonstrated to me that it would even break a 20mm granite tile without problem (though you wouldn't put the tile down mind you as the cut was a bit rough) but you get the idea. I have my big montolit and a small 25cm thing for when I only need to do small ceramics in a straight line - never actaully used the small one in anger mind you always used the big one!

I'd buy the best big cutter that suits you and put the other cash towards a decent wet cutter or something else equally important.

Grumpy

PS Like the name BTW

G

GazTech

hi grumpy

that brings me on to the next bit...what wet cutter. is a master tiler with a macrist blade good enough. its got a 550w motor i think, and i believe they are very reliable. you could buy nearly 4 of them compared to rubi..what do you think, oh and when do you use a angle grinder??

many thanks
Should be no need for a grinder at all,they are tiles not concrete flags lol :wink_smile:

G

grumpygrouter

Don't have an angle grinder myself, though maybe I should have one in the arsenal somewhere for emergencies! As for wet cutters, again loads of choice, DH and Gaz@topps have been at it a lot longer than me so their advice is always good. I personally have a Briccolina with diamond blade. Good little cutter and as yet not needed anything bigger but I'm sure the time will come when I have to invest in something a bit bigger. I have cut porcelain floor tiles with it without any problems and the blurb says you can cut granite up to 20mm thick as well. Very portable and quiet.

Here's one Tile Saws. Siri Tile Cutters. Contractors Direct Europe

You get more info from the SIRI site though.

Grumpy

Reply to what manual cutter to get in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi people, i am new to the trade and i am looking to buy a manual tile cutter at my training i...
Replies
Views
Renserve
R
HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what manual cutter to get
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%