Discuss What products should be used Bathroom please in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

annie132

Builder has plastered some walls in new bathrooms (those I just want to paint) and left plasterboard on other walls where I want my porcelain tiles. Some of these plasterboard walls will be in shower enclosure. I've read load of threads and know that you professionals have favourite products...but what products would you expect Tiler be using for prep, adhesive and grout....particularly in showers?

A

annie132

I will ask them what products they want to use before buying them myself. I asked for a price for the tiling only as want to ensure I pay for the materials at cost. My experience from other craftsmen/tradesmen has been that this is not always the case. I now understand a lot more about the materials (thanks to all that have contributed to this forum). With some more research on retailers web-sites, I will hopefully be able to have a sensible conversation about what materials they want....and why they choose a particular product over another. Thank you so much for your help.

A

annie132

Just thought I'd add something before logging off. If someone is reading this and asking themselves why is this daft old bat bothering with this stuff about materials when she has a Tiler on the job? I think you need to do some work before you commission any expert or professional to do a job for you. You need to know what questions to ask. This applies to all experts...solicitors, doctors or tilers. True professionals will welcome your interest as you struggle to understand. The patience of those professionals who replied to this thread bears me out.

T

The D

Just thought I'd add something before logging off. If someone is reading this and asking themselves why is this daft old bat bothering with this stuff about materials when she has a Tiler on the job? I think you need to do some work before you commission any expert or professional to do a job for you. You need to know what questions to ask. This applies to all experts...solicitors, doctors or tilers. True professionals will welcome your interest as you struggle to understand. The patience of those professionals who replied to this thread bears me out.
a very sensible approach. :thumbsup:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
great post annie:thumbsup::hurray:

D

Derry

nothing wrong with that. you dont have to be an expert but a little bit of knowledge could avoid you getting ripped off etc

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What products should be used Bathroom please in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB