Discuss What the previous guy did in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

LEH

TF
Oxford
As you've all been very helpful so far, I thought I'd 'repay' you by sharing a few pics of what the previous owner had done to the bathroom I'm now ripping out...

I know you're all fans of a bit of dot and dab...

IMG_3244.JPG

Maybe needs a bit more coverage though for fire damaged plasterboard? :D

When I saw signs of backerboard, I thought he had done something right...
IMG_3248.JPG

And what do you do when you run out of said backerboard?

IMG_3246.JPG
IMG_3247.JPG

H

hmtiling

Nothing wrong with tile on tile if the right materials are used and the person doing the job know what they are doing
I think the point John is making is that you're relying on what the other person has done, so unless your 'right materials' include a crystal ball then i'd be agreeing with John

I think the point John is making is that you're relying on what the other person has done, so unless your 'right materials' include a crystal ball then i'd be agreeing with John
Dont think you need a crystal ball to know whether the tiles are good enough to be tiled over common sence should suffice

As I said most people don't know what they are doing. So they look on this site and think It may be correct even when its not.
if people dont know what they are doing then its best to get someone who does,like i said ive done it numerous times without any problems,ive heard it many times of customers that someone has told them it cant be done

Reply to What the previous guy did in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB