UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What tile allowance to you give for cutting and breakage? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
What tile allowance do you give for the cutting and breaking of tiles during an installation? DIY or pro'.

Ended up on this page searching for find a tiler? Here's the link you need.

Last edited:
O

Old Mod

Breakages, what are they? ;)
Large format, typically rough set out in my head and count the tiles. Leave in the odd door or window if it's walls and if there's a corner or a staircase in the floor that u can pretend is not there then I find it normally covers it, oh and a box for luck of course! That normally gives them a few spares that I insist they need! Not very scientific but works in the domestic scene for me. Wouldn't work on a large contract job tho I fear haha

Reactions: Dan

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
About 10%, but round up. I always tell customers that they can return full boxes of tiles, however the customers that buy online are the most penny pinching ones. They order exactly the correct amount of tiles. When they have to re-order a single extra box they then get miffed that they are hit with a high courier charge. I always have it in writing exactly how many metres are required

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What tile allowance to you give for cutting and breakage? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views
TIlersForums.com Stats Last 30 Days – April 12 to May 12 2024 These Are the CloudFLare Stats...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.