Discuss What to use in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Wills

Hi all
Just about to tile my bathroom shower area approx 4.5 sqm, had the walls plastered monday 5 days ago they've now dried. one wall is also 12mm ply on battons that i had previously coated with pva.
ive purchased 250 x 330 wall tiles from b and q along with a 10kg tube of bal white star tile adhesive What my question is will this adhesive suit my conditions and also should i wait the 4 weeks stated for new plaster also would i need to prepair the area with anything before hand.:hurray:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

charlie1

Yep - as above, remove ply and resheet with moisture resistand plaster board, im guessing the wall has just been skimmed? When if fully dries, tank then retile with cement based adhesive, mapei p9 or equivelant, use a 3mm grout line with those tiles for best results then use grout sealer when complete... good luuck

Tip: plce a long (1.8) straight edge on that skimmed wall prior to start, get to know this wall, try to work out what its doing, its likely to be uneven and out of plumb, i think this wall could will be tricky and ive not even seen it!

W

Wills

Thanks for all replies,
not quite the info i was hoping for its probably to late to remove and replace now, im gonna upload a pic ply is from ceiling to floor behind bath battens gripfilled to wall then screwed, ply gripfilled to battens then screwed, two coats of pva on ply was also advised ply is exterior not sure if that makes a difference i was advise by my local builders yard to yous this, ( no suprise there) the plasterboard is behind the taps in the pic were a door had been framed out plasterboarded then bonded and skimmed.
im dreading were this is going my gut was telling me to use miosture resistant pb when doing the prep work should of went with it but localy its not stocked, if i cant find a way to complete with tiles i may have to consider pvc paneling not my first choice
20130202_090823.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What to use in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve decided to re tile my bathroom walls and floors due to the poor state they were in when...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB