Discuss What trade do you like and hate the most in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mike1979

Thought I'd put this up to see what people enjoy doing and what they hate I like to do something that keeps my mind hard at work otherwise I loose concentration and start doing silly things i love tiling and doing things that I can stand back after and see the end result I absolutely hate painting can't see anything worse
1 tiling 2 carpentry 3 bricklaying 4 bit of plumbing 5 plastering 6 painting I don't touch electrics

As a professional I tile only. In my own time I have extensively refurbished my home. I've built an extension and a conservatory, completed a very large and complicated decking area, completely rewired and replumbed and landscaped the gardens.

Standard household electrics are an interesting project, I went right through from a new consumer unit onwards, but obviously this all needs to be certified by a qualified electrician once complete.

The plumbing was enjoyable, proper soldered joints, none of the plastic speed fit stuff. The soilpipe and drains were a but grubby though.

Carpentry and first fix joinery was very interesting, I really like working with wood.

Plastering is probably my pet hate, I've tried it, but really don't enjoy it at all.

Last edited:
M

Mr Tiler

a bit of my own carpentry here mike just finished it today, but the only trade I can say im capeable of charging people for is my tiling.... gus from couple a tools does all sorts and it all looks top quality!
10363946_1418734501733559_6296558691964621316_n.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I like screeding... But only with flowing screed... Hate painting of any description.... Enjoy working with wood but not very good at it and love plumbing especially in copper and steel.... but most of all..........I like to sing! :)

Do you like beige jumpers as well Alan?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What trade do you like and hate the most in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

HI, Walls are prepped, have the right materials and tools, but still debating the layout on...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Am I a ****? Bumped into a builder in my local and he sees I do tiling so asks me to...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views
A
Following on from Bri's thread, 'awkward cuts' I thought it would be good to see what various...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
J
Hi everyone I've done several trades across construction, and the thing I struggle most with is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB