Discuss What type of ply to use in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

samnjarv

Hi can someone help me with this problem I have choosing a ply substrate. I'm ripping old floor boards up to replace with ply but I will be using no more ply on top, does it matter wot grade of ply I use? I was going for an 18mm thickness which I know will need sealing underneath and the edges. Also what would be the best screws to use to screw it to the joist and where to buy them from? Would it also be a good idea to glue to the joist with say no nail or something stronger? Please help me I'm going out of my REMOVED mind and her in doors is REMOVED me off

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What type of ply to use in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I'm about to start on an upstairs wetroom. There will be wet underfloor heating going in via...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB