Guest viewing is limited

Discuss What Van? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

I've got a scudo, decent enough size altho' underpowered when I've got all my tools in. i wish I'd held on a bit longer to find a turbo model rather than the basic 1900.
I'll be getting a pick up in the not too distant future a double cab L200 or Navara which would also double up as a towing vehicle for when we get a caravan. The trailer that we use for all our camping gear could then also be used for my work tools.:thumbsup:
I have a l200 double cab, very good vehicle, and reliable. :thumbsup:

I've had an L200 DC and a Navara Aventura DC in the past - both were great pose mobiles:thumbsup:, but not a very practical loadspace:mad2:

Yes you can get the high top attachment, but still hopeless to get to gear at the back:thumbsdown:

There'sa few of them new Transit ST's kicking about up here - beautiful vans, but would be worried about the usual Ford sill and wheel arch rusting after paying that much dosh:yikes:

Last edited:
T

trevortine

i have an old transit (smiley face one :smilewinkgrin: ) ive had it about 7yrs now and its only done 80,000 miles cracking van no probs at all.

do you guys with the smaller vans ever wish you had more room dont think i could cope with anything smaller than a transit.
Know what you mean m8, bought my current tranny 6 years ago brand new, ideal for sheet materials, all racked out and everthing to hand, couldnt cope with anything smaller!!

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
I had a Peugeot Partner until 4 weeks ago, which was written off by a corner cutting Eastern European speed merchant with no spatial awareness:incazzato::incazzato::mad2::mad2:.

At the mo I've got a new Transit SWB as a courtesy vehicle, very nice and bloomin quick as well (110bhp turbo):drool5:. I'm defo looking for a transit now, as they are so comfy and roomy, but it won't be a brand new one though, a few years old without rust I hope and well looked after.:thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

Hi All

Now looking at getting a van, was thinking of a Ford Connect, can anyone give any feedback on them? Also can anyone recommend a sign writer in the sussex area?

cheers lee

TJ signs off Portland Road, Hove. In fact there are a 3 or 4 sign writting companies along Portland road so you can get a few quotes all within a mile of each other:thumbsup:

R

richard Kent

Doug
I have had a L200 for 11 Years now,bought from new, built like a tank, the only down side is the turning circle. I do have it serviced every six months and was told to keep it around 3500rpm that's about 80 on the moterway and it should go easily twice round the clock.
Its got loads of grunt,ton and quarter in the back, I have got a carryboy cover on the back keeps every thing locked and dry.

L

leeroberts636

You mean the sportline.. i would as well but at £26,000 + vat it is stupid money..

The transit ST is only £15,500 +vat...

VOLKSWAGEN_Transporter-Sportliner-2006_main.jpg

I think I would have to lay one hell of a lot of tiles in my first year for that !! Would look better with a red stripe down the side.....crazy fool lol!

Reply to What Van? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
What Van?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.