Discuss What Wet Saw do you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bolter

I had the vitrex, with a marcrist blade. Used it for a few months with no issues, but then one day came to some tough porcelain tiles and was cutting them, then noticed a strange smell and immediately after the blade moved and the whole thing stopped working. Turns out the motor had got so hot it melted off its moorings, the blade then dropped down, and cut a groove in the bottom of the water well, and had started to cut into the customers concrete floor!

Blade is still working :) vitrex is in the skip. Currently trying to save for a Rubi ND200.

J

JLM Tiling

I've had a few cheaper ones and have now got an ND200. When I first used it I fell in love, brilliant machine, works like a charm. Never used the guide cutter before on previous machines because I found them a bit of a faff but with the nd200 it slides into place instead of putting it down and locking it. This makes life very easy as you can mark your tile then run the slider into place, dont bother locking it, to give you something to run against as you cut. Just helps you get a straighter cut with no extra effort. And with all that lovely shiny chrome she's sexier than megan fox in her undies!! If you can spare the extra cash then I'd just go for it. You wont regret it and it'll last you

S

Stef

I have the De-walt wet saw, put a marcrist blade into it n is fab but ive only used it once in the last year, we use the "Tommy Walsh" one with a marcrist blade every day n its as good as anything else as long as its not a big job. had a customer at porcelanosa last year & they told him that they could cut a 600 square porcelain tile without chipping the edge!!! the edge was visible & i had to do a test cut to prove to them that u couldnt get a " factory " finish on the tile.

G

Gall.B

jolly4.jpg been using one of these for about 5 yr now, do like the rubi bridge saws too

O

One Day

I use a Montolit Brooklyn bridge saw, an old old plasplugs master tiler which just refuses to die, and as soon as I am free of tax payments this month I intend to buy a Dewalt 2400.
I like the look of the Montolit Tornado but seeing as there are zero real-life reviews and no 30 day money back, I'm not taking the chance with it.
Oh, and I use montolit dna blades too in everything except the grinder!

Reply to What Wet Saw do you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views
Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
What Wet Saw do you use?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.