Discuss What would you do if..... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

....if the builder of a new build house, that was going to have 100m2 of tiles fitted in 5 different rooms over wet UFH fitted the skirting in the whole house? ie no expansion gap.
That is the scenario I have at the minute. Measured up a month ago,the customer was on the phone last night asking when can I start and he drops this bombshell.
I am not wanting to rock the boat too much,but I am sick to back teeth of thick brainless tw*ts taking the proverbial.

O

On one

Who are you contracted by, the builder or the home owner?

TBF either way you should have made all involved known that you didn't want the skirts down at the time of quoting along with any other requirements you quote was based on. It may be obvious to you that they shouldn't have gone down but to others they may not have known.
The homeowner.
The customer was made aware that the skirtings were to be left off,weather that sunk in or not?
The builder.......should be well aware.....
I priced another,larger multiple room new build house for him personally a few months ago........the physical measurements exceeded the architects drawings by 25%.I questioned it with him a few times and then give up when he started to get uppity.(pay back?)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What would you do if..... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon I am having some tiles fitted to our newly installed kitchen and am not happy...
Replies
Views
O
Ok, so as there has been a few threads on setting out, I'd like to add a quick one. I'm curious...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB