Discuss What you tiling this week .? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Ye i sub to the plumbing comp that does these... sometimes they upgrade the tiles to better ones...

Did one last week and the old tiles had been on 18 yrs and had to tie into the old tiling and believe it or not topps still sold them lol lol ... different shades as you would expect but jeez , never thought they would still get them..

It was a proper mare trying to tie into the blokes tiling as well ..

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Got aroung 18M2 to do, bathroom walls. It's quite a big bathroom in an old farmhouse, 18m2 is only half height. then got a Karndean floor going down in there once the builder has sorted the levels out (currently runs out by 75mm from corner to corner) will never be perfect but certainly needs a bit of attention! then got a fireplace to do in the same house. Had some 600x400 slate left over from the floor I did a couple of weeks ago which I'm going to cut down to 100x100 or 150x75.... not sure yet. There's only around 1.5m2 to tile but got the whole day to play around and create something.

B

Bubblecraft

Nothing spectacular. 20m2 walls in 25 x 33 Super Relief with glitter glass mosaic border & 30 x 30 Onyx black. All prep work was done last week. New suite, shower, lighting, towel warmer etc.
Here's before. Lovely & pink!
neqeda3a.jpg
7y7uza8y.jpg
u7ypupa4.jpg
ryquge7y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
G

glasgow_tiler

doing 2 kitchens a day 5 days a week for the next 4months:knife: worst preped walls you could imagine, tilling onto bits of wallpaper tilling onto wood tilling the worst plaster work any1 could imagine all with ultragrip, fed up telling site agent its not going to stick but hey what do i know, wish i could chuck it but obv these days cant realy afford to, luckily i have 2 nice bathrooms to tile at the weekend with my cuzzin 600x300 brickbond nice flat walls:thumbsup: happy days

T

Time's Ran Out

Dave - I would like to say we are suffering from our past, but I will not know till later in the week. We should have started a Big floor on the 18th and be finished 2nd week of Feb but they asked to hold back a week till we meet the owner as he now wants the 'wow' factor befitting a 5" property! They said they've looked at our web page and thought they'd not rush the project and ask for some tiler input to the designers plans. Well with the snow that meeting is now in this coming week so we have to wait to see is it's on hold or they really do want the Savoy treatment!
Still I'am off on my travels again the end of the week to the sunny south so I may only have a couple of days to get some exhibition displays up to date - only 10 months to go.

Was ment to be finishing off a trav Bathroom but had a call an hour ago now I'm off to cleethorpes pier. It goes to auction on Saturday and the current owner has just been to check on it and its flooded because of freezing pipes this will be the third year I've fixed the leaks last time it took days. Good job the house I'm working on is empty but could do without it really I'm so far behind as it is

D

DHTiling

Dave - I would like to say we are suffering from our past, but I will not know till later in the week. We should have started a Big floor on the 18th and be finished 2nd week of Feb but they asked to hold back a week till we meet the owner as he now wants the 'wow' factor befitting a 5" property! They said they've looked at our web page and thought they'd not rush the project and ask for some tiler input to the designers plans. Well with the snow that meeting is now in this coming week so we have to wait to see is it's on hold or they really do want the Savoy treatment!
Still I'am off on my travels again the end of the week to the sunny south so I may only have a couple of days to get some exhibition displays up to date - only 10 months to go.

Sounds like it is going to an interesting project John..

Reply to What you tiling this week .? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had a small kitchen extension built a couple of years ago. The new sand and cement screed...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB