Discuss Whats the best van to buy ?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Well the wife will be looking for any special deals this week for me , and not sure how to buy it HP,LOAN, they wouldn't part exch my old one when the clutch is about to go ! so what to do about that as well......this is self-employment for you !! any suggestions ideas would be great ?...

How do you know? Can you tell when you drive the clutch is past its best, if not, keep schtum!!!

They'll only send it through an auction anyway.

Hopefully a multi-trader can pick it up and fix it himself :sofahide:

Last edited:
Somerset
Good to see so many people here recommending the Transit van. I had a Transit before the Transporter I have now - the parts for that Transit cost more than the equivalent BMW parts! (e.g. one diesel injector - BMW £250, Ford Transit £400!!) Transits have a very poor record of remaining rust free - I got rid of my 6 year old Transit because the sub frame was rusting so badly. My Transporter is back in the body repair shop after (a customer) reversed into the front (ouch). Hire company gave me a 62 reg Transit. Its like driving a 1970's Ford Capri (I loved my Capri's) - cannot believe how much body roll there is in the corners. The interior is pure Essex. Lots of shiny plastic and loadsa accessories (never seen so many bottle holders in one vans cab). However the van is definitely quicker, and the loading area is bigger. But the Transporter gets more mpg and has a fully galvanised body.

S

Stef

My daughter was saying where she works a lot of the sales guys take out HP agreements on flash cars then after two years they just hand them back, as you can do this under the agreement or some thing without owing any more money .... has anyone hears of this ?

You are legally entitled to hand your vehicle back half way through a finance agreement & walk away..

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Transit at the mo, full to the brim as all my vans have been. This is one of my old vans, the little guy cleaning it is my youngest son David, he turned thirty last week, we are going to the christening of his latest little girl Alice tomorrow, It seems like yesterday we christened Evie who is now two and a half. Time flies when your having fun.:yikes:
My youngest is called Evie 20months now.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Whats the best van to buy ?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm getting some repair work done in a bathroom covered by my home insurance, they are picking...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've been tasked with coming up with a new trade discount structure for the tile...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB