UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss when the customers are at work... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
if your working in a customers house and there at work, and someone knocks on the door do you answer it? if its a parcel delivery would you sign for it?

i had one today, i was tiling a bathroom, someone was knocking on the door, as i had just spread a wall, i just left it, turned out it was a parcel delivery and when she came home she asked me why i hadn't taken the parcel in, i just told her i didnt hear the door to save any tension, then i thought its not down to me anyway, just wondered what you lot do...

B

bugs183

Before we had mobiles we were on a job and had to answer the phone as the client needed to give us some info on something.
Her friend called, Dad answered and the woman phoned the police as she wasn't expecting anyone to be in!
Despite dad pointing at tools and buckets of Bal Wall the cops didn't want to believe us. In the end he told them to 'Go away' and that what burglar tiles the house he's robbing, div's!!!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
anyone locked themselfs out of a customers house while there at work?

ive done it a few times...:mad2:

Not outside, but got locked in a downstairs loo. The customer knew the lock was a bit dodgy but forgot to tell me. I was stuck in for over an hour as she couldn't get a screwdriver under door for me and had to call a joiner to get me out.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i went to get some kit out the van and heard the door slam behind me and it wasn't on the latch. customer had given me a key which was on the bathroom window cill..:mad2: along with my phone..:mad2: had to borrow a ladder and get through a small upstairs window that was open..

thought the coppers were going be screaming round the corner any time lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Had a customer phoned me while i was alone in there house, and told me her 15yo daughter was coming home from school as she wasnt feeling well. And could i let her in. I said yes but i will be leaving straight away...customer said why?

When I first started out it was alright to chat to the kids in the house, and near the end of doing a big job you'd get on with them well. They used to run to the door when you turned up asking for the tape measure and whatnot that you'd let them play with to get rid of them to stop them distracting you.

Not sure that'd be a done thing these days either. You get funny looks just even talking to them these days.

Too many weirdo's about and all that.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I love it when the postie comes to my customers house. Usually crouch next to the door and pretend to be a mad dog, grab the letters, band at the door. Scares the poo out of them usually. It amuses me anyway.

But yeah, i always sign for my customers parcels etc. Providing it's addressed to them or their last name is on the package. I hate coming home to find those cards on your doorstep. Means after a long day at work i've got to go back out again to collect it. I've never had a customer complain about taking in a delivery.

D

doit4u

The Post Office recently announced that they are going to trial leting their delivery people leave things with neighbours to save people having to go to the nearest sorting office to collect. Bit late that has been happening for years here with our regular postie. The advantages of living in a rural area. Everyone knows the postie by name and he knows everyone similarly. He will even put your mail in a neighbour's letter box if you are away and ask him.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

i stayed at a B&B for a week then the owners said to me one morning ,we are going on holiday this week, OK i said i will find another B&B ,no they said we would love you to stay here ,just leave your money in the big silver soup tourine ,i said are you sure, they said yes we are good judges of character , i was chuffed really as there house was full of antiques as well .......

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
i stayed at a B&B for a week then the owners said to me one morning ,we are going on holiday this week, OK i said i will find another B&B ,no they said we would love you to stay here ,just leave your money in the big silver soup tourine ,i said are you sure, they said yes we are good judges of character , i was chuffed really as there house was full of antiques as well .......

How much did you get for those Royal Doulton vases in the end? :lol:

Reply to when the customers are at work... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.