UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss When to commission underfloor heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gilesweb

Hi,

I've just laid my Devi heating mat and am about to cover with SLC, then a Ditra membrane (bedded in Keraquick) followed by Travertine tiles

Just wanted to check is it necessary or helpful to switch on underfloor heating after the SLC has dried or should I just complete the floor, wait a couple of weeks and then do the ramp up and down process to commission the UFH before normal use?

Thanks

Giles

G

Gazzer

Thought I'd pick-up an old thread.. Do most of you guys prefer to manage the initial switch-on?? ie. Going round a few weeks after to turn it on and give them a little tutorial, or do you trust the customer to follow your instructions, and to read the booklets to do it correctly?

What would stop the client whacking the heating up as soon as you left the house though ?
No its just another expense for me to make a return trip.

F

Fliselege

The rule here is, and it's written on the box the heating cable comes in, is leave the screed to dry for one week per centimetre then you can turn it on full whack. Don't know what we do different here to the U.K as I never got involved with it in the U.K, maybe it's the screed we use, B20 ready mixed sand and cement just add water, or the locals are numb nuts. We throw out 2cm of screed, lay netting on it, the sparky cable ties his cables to that then we throw another 2cm on top of that, bit more round the edges to get fall to the floor drain, so after 5 - 6 weeks ( depending how big room is and how high we had to go for fall) the floor can be turned on full whack.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to When to commission underfloor heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
We had a water underfloor heating installed and tiled over. 3 months later we noticed many tiles...
Replies
Views
Amethsyt
A
Tiling a new extension. Cement poured screed on piped underfloor heating. Heating has been...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.