Discuss when to ditra. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bosco07

evening

ive been doing some research on ditra matting recently and my mind is a mess with conflicting info.
:mad2::mad2::mad2:
when to use it, when not to use it etc etc.

i understand uing it with stone on UFH, large areas with some movement , different substrates etc etc but i just cant seem to get 2 people who agree on when to use it.
How long has this type of product been around, what was used instead , before the invention.

sorry for the rabbling on, like i said its confused the hell out of me. id be very grateful if some of you could give me some for instances where youve used it and why and where you havent felt it necessary.

thank you in advance

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I am not sure there is a hard and fast rule as to when it should be used. It can be used in many circumstances to enhance the installation and its durability but it can also be used to overcome issues where they exist. always think it is more important to understand how all these things work and interact so that you can make a properly informed decision as to when to use it.

A

Aston

as far as i'm aware schluter have been manufacturing decoupling membranes since the very early 1990's, might even be longer.

its basically used to help combat lateral movemnent ie 'side to side' movement, caused through expansion and contraction.

so,
heat cause this to happen ie ufh
dryng out processes in screeds and concrete causes this to happen
lateral movement in buildings throught the year causes this to happen

so, as long as you are aware what they help achieve, then you can have the confidence to recommend their installation to your cutomers/clients....they CAN also double up as a water proof barrier if installed to the manufactures guide lines!

hope this helps a bit
ed

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to when to ditra. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, a long time since I have been here but back for some advice/reassurance ! About to tile my...
Replies
Views
Dear all, First time poster here and would like you r kind suggetion. I am getting a builder...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I fixed some mosaic the other day, long, thin strips in a 300x300 mesh cut in to two, and used...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
when to ditra.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.