Discuss Where do you stand on Brand names in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

For almost any given Branded product there are cheaper unbranded products...but how do they compare ?

It doesnt need to be tile related , it could be a well known brand of instant coffee up against a cut price jar ?

Do you stick to a branded name or buy equivalents ?

Just a random thought I had !.

Here is a start , Liquorice allsorts, seen them for £2 a bag...Lidl version 99p.....as good as the original.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
A lot of the own brand stuff is actually just the same but in a different packet. I remember many moons ago in a past life, I think it was Youngs fish fingers, were also making for a well known supermarket just in a different pack. The production manager told me they were the same product going in the boxes but the supermarket ones were just cheaper on the shelves.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I've got to be honest I'm a bit of a brand *****. ha
Though just recently I've needed t start to make sure I'm watching my spends a bit more than usual and I've not minded the unbranded food and whatnot I've bought.

Going to give this quitting smoking another try that'll save me a small fortune and I'll hopefully then get back on the heinz. ha

(joke, it's not that bad - don't mind Lidl beans though!_

gamma38

TF
Bedford
An ex of mine worked for a company that packaged up fruit and veg for all the major supermarkets. She said to me that Aldi are more strict on their quality of produce than tesco.
I could believe that. Tesco, sainsbury's asda etc are just really good at marketing and have massive budgets, they don't always sell the best stuff imo.

I

Ian

We've been doing our weekly shop at Aldi for a few months now, I can honestly say I think the quality and taste is far better than some of the brands and supermarkets own stuff. I used to work for Safeway/Sainsburys and all of their own brand products are made by the big boys, just a few subtle ingredient changes here and there. Asda harp on about the fact that they don't match the other big supermarkets, they beat them on price, what they fail to mention is the quality of their fresh product is tragic, the meat especially is very poor quality and also some of it isn't from the UK.

Reply to Where do you stand on Brand names in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
C
Wet Vs Dry polishing, which is better? We get asked this daily. There is really no definitive...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T
J
think its better i keep my posts in forums arms. was looking at a thread re quality of paddles...
Replies
Views
Perry
P
A
Well before i get into the selling circle itself there are certain things you need to know in...
Replies
Views
AMtek
A
What tilersforums.com does for DIY and Professional Wall and Floor Tilers in the UK...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB