Discuss Where should tile finish in a doorway? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
May have posted this pic before but this is how I try to finish doorways, so the doorbar is UNDERthe door

Doorbar.jpg

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
a8uryra7.jpg

ejytyrap.jpg

Here's one I'm doing at the mo,it's how I've always finished doorways,same as carpet fitters really.
This is just a example how far out floors can be, it's a 1800s house, and by the time I cement boarded it, I did one half again to lift the length then SLC it to get it somewhere near,it was still a good inch out length ways
IMO if I finished this floor like the floor at 1st it would of looked daft when the door was shut.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Based on experience would it be easy to use an angle grinder with a diamond blade to cut or do I run the risk on damaging/chipping the tiles?

It would be ok with a good blade,a porcelain blade say,but you would struggle getting right in the edges ,if you take the guard off the grinder you may get close enough ,but I'm not advocating unsafe practice in any way.you must wear safety glasses safety gloves, a hard hat and a ribbed condom just to be safe ;)

I

IHB

IMO if I finished this floor like the floor at 1st it would of looked daft when the door was shut.

Maybe I've missed something but assuming your door is hinged on the bathroom side, finishing the tiles flush with the door trim is going to mean that the transition strip sits only half under the door. If you'd finished half way into the rebate then the strip would be 100% under the door. Has it been done like that because a bespoke moulding is being used?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Maybe I've missed something but assuming your door is hinged on the bathroom side, finishing the tiles flush with the door trim is going to mean that the transition strip sits only half under the door. If you'd finished half way into the rebate then the strip would be 100% under the door. Has it been done like that because a bespoke moulding is being used?

Oookkkkkk,lets forget it, i give up

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Where should tile finish in a doorway? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views
I have just had my bathroom floor tiled which opens up to a landing. The landing is being...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB