Discuss Which Adhesive and grout to use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

spacedust

Hi

I have a kitchen to re-tile. I am not a complete beginner when it comes to tiling, just need advice on using the correct materials.

Question is what type of Adhesive and grout to use to get a really good finish and a long lasting low maintenance result?

Wall tiles are Liso Cream Brick Wall Tile, small cream tiles with unfinished edges.
How big should I make the grout line?
Which adhesive and grout should I use?
How long should I leave between fixing and grouting?

Floor tiles are 316mm x 316mm going on to a concrete floor.
Again same questions as the wall tiles? Colour is chocolate so not sure what colour grout is best.

Any questions you have to help you answer please let me know.
I bet I have forgotten loads of information you need to know.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

A

aph257

Hi

I have a kitchen to re-tile. I am not a complete beginner when it comes to tiling, just need advice on using the correct materials.

Question is what type of Adhesive and grout to use to get a really good finish and a long lasting low maintenance result?

Wall tiles are Liso Cream Brick Wall Tile, small cream tiles with unfinished edges.
How big should I make the grout line? 2mm
Which adhesive and grout should I use? my choice would be "Granfix fastset flexible" in white
How long should I leave between fixing and grouting? min 3 hours

Floor tiles are 316mm x 316mm going on to a concrete floor. Is floor flat? is so, use same addy as above but in grey

Again same questions as the wall tiles? Colour is chocolate so not sure what colour grout is best. IMO a contrast in same base colour (brown range)or the same colour works best.

Any questions you have to help you answer please let me know.
I bet I have forgotten loads of information you need to know.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

there are many other adhesive out there that are suitable I use Granfix or Weber as have good local suppliers.

Reply to Which Adhesive and grout to use in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Which Adhesive and grout to use
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.