Discuss Which Adhesive and pattern ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

richardw

Hi Guys,

I'm about to lay porcelain floor tiles ( not polished - about 22 sq mtrs ) they are 600 x 300 and the room is 3m x 7m

Any suggestions on pattern based on previous experience ? I can see patterns like basketweave and herringbone as well as the standard brick - any thoughts ?

Also - will be laying these on concrete once I have the previous quarry tiles up - any recommendations on adhesive type/brand ?

Many Thanks

P

Peter Howe

I agree with Brian on this one, a random brick bond would suit this job ideally. As a bonus it cuts down on wastage too! With regards to adhesive I would always go with a flexible even on a concrete floor as it has an additive that give extra adhersion and of course you could always use a porcellbond adhesive which also has an additive. A solid bed 10mm notcheed trowel should do the trick, this will reduce down to approximately 6mm. As far as the grout joint goes I never go any wider than 3 mm. Any wider just doesnt loog good anymore and you dont want to detract from your tiles. It just looks classier. Hope this helps. Peter.

G

Gazzer

A few ideas 45 herringbone.jpg Half bond.jpg Herringbone.jpg quarter bond.jpg third bond.jpg Straight.jpg Straight 2.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Which Adhesive and pattern ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
10 minutes ago Add bookmark #1 Which mapei adhesive ( it's convenient for me to buy this...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Which Adhesive and pattern ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.