Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Which adhesive for Cappuccino Marble and tanking membrane? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

No Dave I dont lay marble, I write technical specificiations for some of the biggest contractors and I would never in a month of Sundays specify that format size to be under 15mm. This is based on dimensional stability, and for example 15mm becomes unstable at 605x605 giving a m2 value of 0.366m2. The 12mm talked about gives a dim stability of 0.24m2 less a 3.75 ratio which puts it right on the border of dim stability.
I understand Ronski in wanting a larger format marble, but I am advising him prior to purchase what could happen. If he goes for a 15mm depth he is lessening the risk of bowing.

Pebbs

Like i said , different stones react in various ways..

I am not saying it won't happen to Cappuccino but nothing definite say's it will happen on a 600 x 400 tile.

Fixed correctly and with the right stone adhesive . IMO it will be ok.. but again i appreciate that the best option would be 15mm as i stated in my first post..

But the market does sell a lot of 12mm over suppliers of 15mm.. only seems to be Cappuccino that i have noticed does this.

R

Ronski

Hi, thought I'd update this thread, I ended up getting 15mm in the end, the supplier I was going to use had no stock. When I looked around I found another supplier (stone superstore) that stocked 610 x 405 x 15mm, and I got 26m2 at £36.30 a meter, about £200 more than the other supplier but worth it I think.

Going to start tiling today, well laying the tanking first, bit nervous, but here goes.

D

diamondtiling

Hi, thought I'd update this thread, I ended up getting 15mm in the end, the supplier I was going to use had no stock. When I looked around I found another supplier (stone superstore) that stocked 610 x 405 x 15mm, and I got 26m2 at £36.30 a meter, about £200 more than the other supplier but worth it I think.

Going to start tiling today, well laying the tanking first, bit nervous, but here goes.

Pictures please......we love em.

:thumbsup:

R

Ronski

Will post some pictures as things proceed.

Just reading the instructions for Kerraquick and it states when mixed with Latex Plus Kerraquick becomes flexible enough to use on wooden substrates.

Can someone confirm that I should be adding latex plus to Kerraquick, my floor is:

1. T&G pine floor boords
  2. Ply
  3. SLC with heating wire
  4. Durabase CI
  5. Finally the tiles

Edit: Also would I need Latex in the adhesive for the stud walls, which have Knauf Aqual panel on?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Which adhesive for Cappuccino Marble and tanking membrane? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Which adhesive for Cappuccino Marble and tanking membrane?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.