Discuss Which Adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

skymole

Hi all.

Looking for a bit of advice re adhesive - firstly I'll probably narrow it down to Mapei because we have an account with a Mapei disti and can get good prices - unless there are any overiding factors.

The project is a bathroom / wetroom.
Suspended floor with ply, wediboard, UFH and Mapei Fiberplan SLC
Shower area is Wedi tray with Wediboard walls.
Rest of room plastered.

I'm looking for recommendation for adhesive for the following situations.

1. The main floor is to be tiled with 600 x 400 granite (need to deal with upto 5mm low areas in the SLC)

2. Shower area (walls and tray) to be tiled with 300 x 300 marble mosaic with 23mm tessera.

3. Floor to ceiling basin splashback - there will be a continuation of tile skirtings to form this splashback. The tiles will be the same as the floor tiles (600 x 400 x 15) flamed granite.

Also with regard to 3. above what would ppl recommend - these are obviously much larger tiles than one should apply to plastered walls - is there another solution other than hacking back to the brick and applying a board or render.

Any advice greatly appreciated
Thanks
Sky

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 1.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 110
S

skymole

Yep - Wediboard also Wedi shower tray, but actually didnt use the Wedi stuff for the joints - I used Mira Safecote and Mira Multicoat, fixings and principle's the same - you can use any suitable tile adhesive over the wedi - but it is partially and will be completely covered with SLC by the time its plastered. Wedi is handy stuff with UFH cos its also an insulation board so will keep the heat where you want it. The shower tray is 40mm thick with gully and preformed falls. Dukkaboard do similar products.. (had to mention that - it was beginning to look like I was a Wedi salesman lol).

Going back to the Adhesive - Another one I can get on account at a reasonable price is: Larsen “Professional Flexible Fast Set” Any thoughts?

Reply to Which Adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Which Adhesive?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.