Discuss Which Adhesive in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DP Tiling

Ok so firstly, do not use ready mixed!! These adhesives dry by dispersion and with the substrate being tanked odds are it will take ages to set, if It does set at all. Porcelain requires a polymer modified cement based adhesive I.e powder you mix yourself. If the tiles/grout colour are light then use white if they are dark you can use grey. Mapei adesilex p9 would be my recommendation as it is good adhesive, has a long pot life and is fairly cheap.

I used Wickes PVA. I was advised to prime the plasterboard in the tile shop. It does say on the instructions that its ideal for tiling porous surfaces before priming??

As I understand it, it is OK to use PVA as long as it is diluted. In which case the adhesive sinks into the surface. If it is applied undiluted then it will form a skin on the surface and easily peel. I have to admit that initially I forgot to dilute but quickly realised my mistake and reapplied a diluted solution 5/1 with water before the original coat dried. I am concerned at having originally applied an undiluted coat so how could I test?
If this is wrong I guess it will wash off? It is water based.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Which Adhesive in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
    • Informative
Is the issue with ready mixed adhesive seemingly only recommended for 30x30 tiles max that it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB