Discuss Which adhesives to use? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

alexma

Hi Everyone. This is my first post... I am tiling a bathroom, walls and floor. Just been re plasterboarded (D & D) & primed with SBR. Shower area boarded with Showerwall. My tiles are ceramic 400 x 250 x 10mm. I've been reading the posts & am worried about the 'weight issue' on plasterboard. Do I have problems here? Which adhesive do I use? The room is only 6'2" x 6'2". The floor is newly laid 18mm ply well secured, with extra noggins and I'm using 305 x305 x10mm granite tiles. Do I need to prime the floor, and which adhesive to use. Many thanks in advance Alex

Hi, welcome.

DIY??

By the sound of it the walls will be ok, presume 'showerwall' is some sort of aquaboard taped/tanked etc...

For the floor I'd be overboarding the ply with something a bit more suitable.

I'd be using a slow-setting flexible adhesive on the walls and Granirapid, or a similar 2 part for the floor.

As for priming, the adhesive manufacturers instructions will say

Plasterboard takes about 24kg per m2. If you are unsure about the weight you could always mechanically fix the plaster board as well. ( screw through the plasterboard where the board has been d&d use washers with screws)
Ply on the floor will need primed, but consider using tile backer board on top of the ply.
Adhesive- Single part flex for the walls and a ultra-flex for the floor.

I

Ian

See why call it set plus ! Thats just confusing .
I bet its that webber i used,it took forever to set. Infact is it a yellow and black bag.
Yes good stuff , im using tilemaster standard at the mo, good stuff too

Yeah it confused me when I first saw it. The weber rapid sets have the word rapid in the title. I'm used to it now I've been using their gear for a year or so.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Which adhesives to use? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Which tile adhesive should I use for 60x60cm porcelain floor tiles? The floor is concrete that...
Replies
Views
I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB